Thursday 19 December 2013

Recycled Rosettes

I love craft magazines, one of my favourites is Crafts Beautiful because the projects are always so straightforward and the freebies are brilliant making it really good value. Now I'm not on commission for the magazine so I had better move on.
Today is my day off and as such as a treat, after jobs around the house are done, is to indulge in a cuppa and my favourite magazine. Before I even got past page 19 I had to stop and trial an idea.
Now as my avid readers will know I'm a hoarder and as such although the recipe called for card I had a piece of wrapping paper left, too small for a present but too big just to throw away so rather than cut into my treasured pretty Christmas card I decided to use this as an alternative. A mock-up if you will. I'm also lazy, so seeing as I didn't have a button to hand but I did have a bunch of card making bits I used card and transfers to make a Christmas Rosette.
You might not agree with me but I think it worked a treat. I did however make the booboo of using the wrong colour for my tree decorations so I decided instead to decorate a rather plain gift bag in order to make it more festive.
I hope my favourite magazine won't mind having their recipe played with and I'm sure one of my favourite people won't mind the addition to her gift bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment