Thursday 5 December 2013

Alternative wreaths

This is the newest addition to the list of PIF gifts I have given to my good friend and has won my favourite spot.
I saw this in a magazine but unlike most crafts, I haven't seen it made and sold on craft stalls so I was a little suspicious of what the back is supposed to look like. It wasn't easy. I attacked the back with my glue gun and folded the fabric over the edge. I had cut out a small circle of fabric to cover the back but it didn't look neat enough. I cut out a slightly larger circle and put this over the back so that it glued to the sewing ring rather than the fabric and this really worked.
The sewing on button part was easy. The beads and bow took a little longer but then God is in the detail so I don't mind spending more time on the little parts.
The annoying part was that I don't always know when to stop. Less is definitely more so when I embroidered 'Happy Christmas' I realised - a little belatedly- that I had gone too far so quickly undid it. I'm pretty pleased with this unusual Christmas decoration and hope you guys like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment