Sunday 1 December 2013

Does size matter?

I've been playing with wire a lot just recently and as this blog started with wire words it's something you're probably familiar with me talking about.
I set myself the challenge of joining two wire words together but as the perpetual procrastinator this obviously didn't turn out until being the serial stubborn individual that I am I needed to prove a point - see previous post.
With that challenge under my belt I started to think about what else I could do with the wire and it would seem that I ran my race backwards. The stockings you see in the pictures were incredibly easy to make and part of me wishes I had tried these first. The trickiest part was getting two wool colours but even that was manageable. As such if you like the wool words perhaps a play at festive shapes would prepare you for the task. But onto my dilemma...
Does size, for the craft in question, matter? I love miniature things, the best things come in small packages- silver leaf shaped earrings, beautiful broaches, diamond rings - as such the small Christmas ornament measuring in at 8cm makes my heart skip a beat but I am not blind to the imperfections. The larger one has smoother edges, the twist at the top looks really good and the shape looks stronger. As such the perpetual query of women nationwide remains to be a crafting conundrum - does size matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment