Sunday 22 December 2013

Last minute makes

I shamefully rely upon the gift bags I receive for the next year's gift receptacles, to be fair it's worked very well for the past 10 years even if it has meant remembering who gave me which bag so I don't give them their bag back.
Far too much effort.
Along with wanting to add a personal yet professional touch to my presents, this, was my motivation for a new gift bag idea. That and my desire not to resort to 'posh carrier bags' as we discussed previously.
Wrapping presents in parcel paper has been popular for a while so I thought a little brown paper bag would suit the current trends. What makes these bags even better is that they use up even more of that leftover wrapping paper that you don't have anything small enough to wrap up.
The following are my take on this year's gift bags. If there is anything I've learned this festive season it is that double sided tape is my best friend. It's worked for the rosettes, for my gift tags, for my gift boxes and is now the staple ingredient for my gift bags.
Just another tip for recycling wrapping odds and ends if you find yourself outnumbered and tempted to wrap the family hamster just to use them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment