Thursday 6 March 2014

Have you seen...?

My husband has to put up with a lot. I'm not going to list my faults here because I'm hoping the most of you still think I'm normal and I don't want to risk changing that, but trust me, he puts up with a lot. One such fault though is a regular in our household.
I'm renown for temporarily forgetting where I've put things. I'm also not great at putting things in the same place more than once. As such objects are often prefixed with 'have you seen...?' 
Depending upon the urgency that my voice is saturated with my husband will start the inevitable three minute search until the item comes to the surface. 
I'm so bad at this sometimes I start the call to search the house but before my plea is finished I have found what I am looking for. Like I said, he puts up with a lot.
 Recently I purchased some items to give a craft I had seen a try - when I find them again I will no doubt be blogging about it - but because my husband is selfishly at work and I have the attention span of a five year old I moved on to do something different than I had planned. Reason being in my search I found something I had previously temporarily forgotten about and decided to play with that.
In Crafts Beautiful this month there was a feature on floral adornments: 
So when I found my tiny punches again I thought I would use their article as inspiration for my afternoon. As it is mothers day very soon I went with the word 'mum' using little flowers as the lettering. This is the outcome:
It's not backed onto the black card yet because I want to add some ribbon and use it as a gift tag. I don't have a gift for my mum yet but at least the gift tag is ready. Is giving just a gift tag as a gift a bit too mean? Maybe that can be the mum-in-law's gift. But seeing as I was on a punching adrenaline rush I made a heart too:
What I love about these two things is that the flowers are punched out of scraps of paper and card (after I gave my husband his valentines card I immediately reclaimed the very pretty envelope as crafting material) so they're really easy to source although I'm sure if CB wanted to send me some really pretty papers to play with there could be a much nicer effect ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment