Sunday 9 February 2014

Embroidery for a tea addict

Good morning folks. Just sharing with you another make done in stages and finally handed out recently for a birthday that happened a long time ago. Long distance friendships, what can I say.
The stitches read 'you're just my cup of tea' and the ribbon reads 'handmade with love'. My crafting seems to be improving but my ability to take pictures is not.
I saw this idea in a shop and thought I should give it a go. I drew the pattern on the back of the fabric so you wouldn't see the pencil marks - I'm not a brilliant artist so I knew I would need to hide the pencil marks.
This worked quite well except you have to keep turning the fabric over to make sure you're following the pattern but making sure that the stitches look good on the right side. I wish I had used my embroidery hoop and cannot highlight enough how useful these rounds of wood are. It would've made my life much easier. I used backstitch for the pattern and the words which I think worked quite well.
If you're looking for an alternative mothers day gift and have a little ditty that you and a special someone share, these might be just the thing. I'm really pleased with the outcome, it's a really personal gift that I think my friend likes. I guess I will know if I see it when I next go and visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment