Sunday 27 October 2013

Twice wrong but happy for it!

may have found a new love. I know I said that I would remember my old loves but I'm very excited about my new love: Quilling!
It's my friend's birthday very soon and after receiving a beautiful hand made gift from her and seeing as her gift is already bought I figured I could put the effort in on her card. 
Another friend of mine recently gave me a bag of bits from her grandma's and inside was what she thought to be ribbon, on closer inspection it was discovered they were indeed quilling papers. Let the fun commence!
I'm very pleased with the result: 
So excited in fact that I text her this very picture because I couldn't wait until I saw her to give it to her - this could be a while - and as I now have an ingrained hatred of royal mail there is no way I'm putting this bad boy in their hands!
I chose autumnal colours because autumn is her favourite season and the letter E because that's the beginning letter of her name, an obvious choice really.
I thought it would be harder than it was but I also thought it would be quicker. Twice wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment