Friday 31 May 2013

Not as joyful as I was expecting

I have been playing around with wrapping words in wool and asked people to suggest words for me to trial, although crafty I don't have a great imagination, and one such word was 'Joy'. 
I foolishly thought that this would be easy, it's three letters after all, how much harder could it be than 'dreams' that I had done in the car? Plenty! 
I followed my usual method but it just didn't seem to be going well, the 'J' didn't look right, the 'o' was positively square and don't get me started on the 'y'. I figured it was a lesson learned so persevered anyway. 
Then it came to finishing and making the hanger. No matter where I put the thing it toppled. I didn't like the message that an upside down 'joy' would send so had to undo my work- my least favourite part of any craft! 
This is the end product, yes it is laid on my dog- he was determined to sit on me, I'm determined to use him as a table- and I don't think it looks as bad as I first thought. As a wise friend told me, there is no such thing as a bad product, only a realisation on how to improve. 
Let's 'hope', my next attempt is more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment