Monday 14 April 2014

Craft for non crafters

I find craft really easy so I'm always a little bemused by those that say they can't do it but then again I can't bake and am truly fed up with the amount of people telling me that 'as long as you follow the recipe you'll be fine' well it's not always fine and before I get into another rant of you're in for a laugh at my expense head to the post 'maker not baker' to find out more.
That said I recently taught a craft at a church event and was thrilled with how many people said they were chuffed that they had successfully crafted even though they believe they aren't craft folk -
- maybe there's hope for me as a baker yet! 
The night was a wonderful mix of cake - always a favourite- men all poshed up, it is possible; 
And craft along with testimonies of God's work in some very special ladies' lives. 

I have to admit I was incredibly nervous to start with I mean there was a church full of women!
But all of them went home with something handmade, unique and as special as each lady in the room. Some also went home with a belly full of cake but I don't see any issue with that, I'm the fatty crafter not the fitty crafter after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment