Sunday 24 November 2013

Right tools for the job

This blog starts with a gift. My mamma is responsible for a lot in my life for which she deserves an age of credit but one thing I can rely upon her for is amazingly random gifts. She bought me the first picture on the list after I had played with hers- I would insert the name of the contraption but since I'm a maker not baker I've no idea what it's called. At first I thought I would never use it but in less than a month it has saved my creations in a variety of ways.
The second picture is of an article I saw in a craft magazine. As it was in a craft magazine I was convinved that it would be suitable for crafters. Maybe it is and I'm just a dunce- who knows. I followed the recipe to the letter and unsurprisingly it turned out nothing like it should have. Where I should've had 'firm balls' I had something that resembled the scrotum of a ninety year old man- clearly watching embarrassing bodies is having an affect on my use of imagery. After a lot of improvisation and frowning I made the goo I had made into the 'firm balls' I required. I gave myself a cooling off period then went back to work on the chocolate.
Following the method in the magazine I was left with, well continuing with the embarrassing bodies theme I will leave it to your imagination. I abandoned the recipe again and went my own way and managed to make it look like the pictures then I added stars to replace the flowers from the magazine.
To be honest the picture on the plate looks nothing like the magazine but after I boxed them up and handed them out they were very well received.
I've frozen some mixture so I will be making more chocolates up for  Christmas gifts and I get to make even more boxes so I'm happy but I wouldn't have been able to make these goodies without the right tools for the job. Guess mamma knew what I needed before I did, that's why she is known as supernan.

No comments:

Post a Comment