Tuesday 9 July 2013

Honesty is the best policy

What a funny couple of days! 
I'm a Christian, this means I believe in the trinity, that I'm a sinner and that Jesus the son of God came to earth as man to live a perfect life, be put to a cross to die and take away all sins. It does not mean I'm going to hit you with a bible every time I see you or try to slip holy water into your tea. Now we've cleared that up we can get to my point.
Last Friday night I taught a craft session at a church event on wool words:
There were 50 women attend the ladies night which involved cake and tea served by handsome men in tuxedos. There was prayer and testimonies and it's fair to say a good time was had by all.
As I was teaching the craft to a large group I was given a microphone. For the record I should never be given a microphone. I tend to say ridiculous things and generally turn a nice shade of crimson. But needs must. 
Now while the ladies were doing the easy but slow part to the craft I decided to entertain them by talking a little bit about what I do and why I was there teaching. As such I told them about the college I work for and was probably too honest for my own good.
After the evening's proceedings a lovely lady approached me and asked me about my college. A little stunned I started to panic thinking my p45 was in the post for sure. What actually happened was she offered me a potential job. My jaw hit the floor but I picked up a piece of wool to disguise my utter surprise. Of course I was interested but this had to be too good to be true. I've wanted to make a job out of my hobby for a while but never found my way in.
The lady took my contact details and left. I was convinced it was a dream until an email came through inviting me to an interview. This is where I was this morning. The hours will be sessional and the courses short but it's certainly worth thinking about! 
There are a few points to iron out but God willing all things will work together. As such I just want to give some veteran no hopers like me some encouragement. Honesty, it would turn out, is the best policy and the next amazing opportunity is only a 'yes' away. When I found out the craft might would be to 50 people I nearly backed out, joined my nearest convent and took a vow of silence so I didn't have to admit to my nerves and shame. But instead I covered my bingo wings, smiled and thought 'here we go then' and right now I'm so thankful that I did.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness that is amazing news!!! well done, you are so clever. :)

    ReplyDelete